Literacy Links on Chester is Cool
Find links to a variety of websites that will help your student both become a better reader and learn the joy of reading a good book.
- The 39 Clues books to follow Amy Cahill and her brother Dan as they travel the world to hunt for Clues.
- Foxcraft – In order to survive, she will need to master the ancient arts of her kind—magical gifts of cunning known only to foxes. She must unravel the secrets of foxcraft.
- Infinity Ring is a time-travel adventure book series, online game, and mobile app for children, masterminded by James Dashner. Join the quest to save history.
- I Survived – Watch and listen to the true survival stories of people that escaped life-threatening situations and survived to tell the tale on the LMN series I Survived.
- Kids Read – Features a vast book database, contests, articles, author news and links, and many lists, including of newly published books.
- The Marvels – Brian Selznick’s THE MARVELS, published by Scholastic.
- Secrets of Bearhaven is a fiction book series for middle-grade readers.
- Spirit Animals – Fans of the fantasy book series for kids, Spirit Animals, by Sean Williams, Maggie Stiefvater, and Marie Lu, can find book series information and free games.
- The Stacks for Kids, the new destination about books, reading, authors, games.
- Storyline Online – Streaming video program featuring famous people reading children’s books aloud.
- TeachingBooks.net’s database of instructional materials will enliven your K–12 reading and literacy.
- TombQuest is a new five book series from author Michael Northrop filled with mummies, magic and adventure!
- TumbleBookLibrary is an online collection of animated, talking picture books which teach young children the joys of reading in a format they’ll love.
- Upsidedown Magic – It’s never easy when your magic goes wonky. Nory, Elliott, Andres, and Bax are just four of the students in Dunwiddle Magic School’s Upside–Down Magic class.
- Wings of Fire – Five dragonets are collected to fulfill the prophecy, raised in a hidden cave and enlisted, against their will, to end the terrible war.